Institutional membership is open to all 4-year colleges and universities, 2-year community and technical colleges, K-12, school districts, and libraries and museums that have a facilities department and administrator.
One individual is identified by the institution as the primary representative. This person serves as the principal contact between APPA and the institution. Institutions may add unlimited associate members to receive member benefits at no additional cost.
Dues are for 4-year and 2-year institutions are based on an institution's full-time equivalent student enrollment and gross institutional expenditures (IPEDS). The institutional dues matrix for 4-year, 2-year, K-12, library and museums, system offices and regional dues can be found here (click to download). The APPA and regional membership year is April 1 to March 31.
Ready to become part of the educational facilities community? Download the institutional membership application ** Regional membership is required for membership in APPA.
Meeting your professional needs by:
- Appealing to the diverse interests across workforce generations
- Preparing transitioning professionals for careers in education facilities management
- Informing members on strategies and practices for addressing the challenges with aging infrastructure
- Preparing the profession to manage budget transparency, promote value-based investments and address operating and renewal funding challenges
- Enabling members to keep pace with emerging technologies and data analytics
- Mitigating and reversing the widening skills gap by training the workforce of tomorrow
- Equipping leaders with the soft skills increasingly demanded in today’s complex work environments.
- Subscriptions to Facilities Manager magazine.
- Significant discounts on educational programs, publications, and other APPA products and services.
- Access to APPA’s annual Thought Leaders Report dedicated to discussions on the future of higher education and the impact of that future on educational facilities.
- Access to the virtual Membership Directory & Resource Guide.
- A subscription to Inside APPA, APPA’s biweekly e-newsletter.
- Access to APPANet - APPA’s Web site featuring such online services as the member listserv and members-only services.
- Eligibility for APPA professional awards.
- Opportunities to volunteer and participate as an APPA officer or committee member.
- Participation in surveys, data collection efforts, research studies and other projects.
- Access to Job Express - APPA’s job listing service for facilities professionals whether you are looking for a job or searching for a candidate.
- Access to public policy information, including environmental compliance and regulatory updates.
- Eligibility for APPA Professional Development program scholarships.
Is your institution already a member? Visit myAPPA to create an online account to have access to all of the membership benefits.
Questions? Please contact APPA member services at email@example.com.