With one eye on providing excellence in today’s educational environment, and one always trained on adapting, enhancing, and transforming the facilities of the future, APPA seeks to create positive impact in educational facilities on three important levels:
- APPA transforms individual facilities professionals into higher performing managers and leaders, which…
- Helps transform member institutions into more inviting and supportive learning environments, which…
- Elevates the recognition and value of educational facilities and their direct impact on the recruitment and retention of students, faculty and staff.
Membership benefits include access to the largest educational facilities network in the world, as well as an array of programs and services designed to promote excellence in educational facilities no matter the type or size of institution.
Membership in APPA falls under the following categories: institutional, affiliate, students, retirees, international educational facilities (outside U.S. and Canada), and business partners.
An Overview of Member Programs and Services
- Professional development, education/training, and national credentialing
- A knowledge bank of research, best practices, creative solutions, industry guidelines and focused publications
- An international network of professionals and colleagues including regional, state and local chapters
- Career assistance through Job Express and Resume Bank
- National awards and recognition program specifically for educational facilities
Facilities Manager Magazine
APPA Online Dues Payment Center
Pay your 2013-14 Membership Dues Online!
Click Here for Details
Benchmarking & Organizational Change
Public Policy Strategy Agenda for 2012-13
Standards and Code Issue
Priorities of the APPA Code Advocacy Task Force
provides APPA members with a structured overview of the work and accomplishments the APPA (CATF) has made within the past twelve months.
APPA Community College Champions
Contact APPA’s Community College Champions to learn more about the value of APPA International, its regions, and chapters. APPA’s Champions will assist you in learning more about the APPA organization and its many networking opportunities. Reach out to a Champion near you!
Fully Revised & Updated! Operational Guidelines for Educational Facilities
2012 Thought Leaders Report
2012 Report Focuses on
Space Management & Utilization
Strategic Capital Development
This book presents a bold approach for planning capital investments from a strategic and long-range perspective. Click here for more details!
APPA Web Standards PortalPowered by ANSI!
Every facilities department needs to ensure their institutions are in compliance with the most current codes and standards impacting construction, fire safety, lighting, the environment, ADA, and HVAC, among other areas. Click here to access the APPA Web Standards Portal!