Welcome to the Australian International Corner of APPA. As an international association we are dedicated to maintaining, protecting, and promoting the quality of educational facilities. We serve to assist facilities officers and physical plant administrators in colleges, universities, and other educational institutions. We promote excellence in the administration, care, operations, planning, and construction of educational facilities. APPA serves the entire education community by conducting research and educational programs, producing publications, developing guidelines, and serving as a central information source.
We hope that you are able to find the resources you need below. As we are constantly learning and looking to improve, if you have a suggestion regarding this page please contact email@example.com with your recommendations.
News From the Homeland
- TEFMA 2010 Report to APPA Board, by Matt Smith
- TEFMA 2009 Report to APPA Board, by Andrew Frowd
- TEMC 2007- Tertiary Education Management Conference - September 23-26, 2007
- Australasia Trip Report, by Phil Cox
- Australasian Regional Report, by Andrew Frowd
Industry Information and Helpful Links
- AAIR - Australasian Association for Institutional Research
- AIRAH -Australian Institute of Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Heating
- AACUHO- Australasian Association of College and University Housing Officers
- ACTS - Australasian Campuses Towards Sustainability
- ATEM- Association for Tertiary Education Management Inc.
- FMA - Facility Management Association of Australia, Ltd.
- FM Express- Facility Management Express
- The Property Council of Australia
- SCUP - The Society for College and University Planning
- TEFMA - Tertiary Education Facilities Management Association
- Universities Australia
APPA's Australian Contacts
- University of Tasmania
- Australian National University
Warwick R. Williams
- Charles Sturt University
- Deakin University
David R. Spedding
- Flinders University
- Griffith University
- La Trobe University
- Queensland University Of Technology
- RMIT University
- Southern Cross University
- University Of South Australia
- University Of Technology/Sydney
- University Of Western Australia
- Victorian College Of The Arts
Facilities Manager Magazine
APPA Online Dues Payment Center
Pay your 2013-14 Membership Dues Online!
Click Here for Details
Benchmarking & Organizational Change
Public Policy Strategy Agenda for 2012-13
Standards and Code Issue
Priorities of the APPA Code Advocacy Task Force
provides APPA members with a structured overview of the work and accomplishments the APPA (CATF) has made within the past twelve months.
APPA Community College Champions
Contact APPA’s Community College Champions to learn more about the value of APPA International, its regions, and chapters. APPA’s Champions will assist you in learning more about the APPA organization and its many networking opportunities. Reach out to a Champion near you!
Fully Revised & Updated! Operational Guidelines for Educational Facilities
2012 Thought Leaders Report
2012 Report Focuses on
Space Management & Utilization
Strategic Capital Development
This book presents a bold approach for planning capital investments from a strategic and long-range perspective. Click here for more details!
APPA Web Standards PortalPowered by ANSI!
Every facilities department needs to ensure their institutions are in compliance with the most current codes and standards impacting construction, fire safety, lighting, the environment, ADA, and HVAC, among other areas. Click here to access the APPA Web Standards Portal!